Album Review: KoRn - The Paradigm Shift



Hello guys!
How are you?
I'm fine. I had a lot of things to do and a lot to study as well because I passed one of the two exams I have to do to finish my driver's licence!! I'm sooooo happy and excited.
Oh yeah!

But the real post this week is about one of the bands I LOVE since I was less then 9 years old:

KoRn!

For the ones that don't know much about them, I'll put some info bout them (they deserve it) and yeah, you can have an idea of who they are and what's their work.
I HIGHLY recommend this band, you guys! They are insanely talented and are one of the best Hard Rock/Nu Metal bands ever (in my opinion) because they are loyal to their own style and in 2013 they released another album that just blew my mind.
They will release another album this year and the first song that they will present us is "Insane"and it will come out in October.



But lat's start with some info about them!

Korn (stylized as KoЯn) is an American nu metal band from Bakersfield, California, formed in 1993. The band's current lineup includes founding members Jonathan Davis (vocals, bagpipes), James "Munky" Shaffer (guitar), Brian "Head" Welch (guitar, backing vocals), and Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu (bass), with the addition of Ray Luzier (drums), who replaced the band's original member, David Silveria in 2007. Korn was originally formed by three of the members of the band L.A.P.D.


Studio albums
  • Korn (1994)
  • Life Is Peachy (1996)
  • Follow the Leader (1998)
  • Issues (1999)
  • Untouchables (2002)
  • Take a Look in the Mirror (2003)
  • See You on the Other Side (2005)
  • Untitled album (2007)
  • Korn III: Remember Who You Are (2010)
  • The Path of Totality (2011)
  • The Paradigm Shift (2013)
  • The Serenity of Suffering (2016) 

*All of this information was taken from Wikipedia.




























The Paradigm Shift

Well, this album starts pretty well with an intense song called "Prey for me".
I have to say that Jonathan Davis has an awesome voice and in this album he sings with a lot of passion and soul (as usual). 
The album have some insane and awesome songs with amazing lyrics and some great sound.
They still have their heavy bass guitar signature sound and all the rest completes the songs.
The chorus used in some songs are very well used and I personally love their style in this album.

Track list:

1. Prey For Me
2. Love & Meth 
3. What We Do 
4. Spike In My Veins 
5. Mass Hysteria 
6. Paranoid & Aroused 
7. Never Never 
8. Punishment Time 
9. Lullaby For A Sadist 
10. Victimized 
11. It's All Wrong 


Bonus Tracks : 

12. Wish I Wasn't Born Today 
13. Tell Me What You Want 
14. Die Another Day 
15. Hater 
16. The Game Is Over 



My favorite songs of this album are:

Lullaby for a Sadist
Mass Hysteria
What we do 
Spike in my veins

These songs are simply amazing and have some deep lyrics. 
For me, Lullaby for a Sadist is by far, my favorite song of all.
I love the lyrics, the violence and feelings they have and the melody itself is amazing.
I advise you to read the lyrics of all the songs from this band because they always have awesome things to say. They usually talk about personal experiences and Jonathan usually gives them life with his voice and the way he sings them!

Please support the group by buying the music, if you like it.

Final thoughts:

I highly recommend you all to listen to their music and in all the albums they have made, there isn't one of them that I don't like.
They are fantastic and super creative.
I hope you like this album and if you do, please listen to more songs that they have!


You can listen to their album in here:

https://open.spotify.com/embed?uri=spotify%3Aalbum%3A5zhIsj6BWFbPOGEdZupXwn
Please click here and listen the album!



Well guys, I hope you like this review!
Please give me your opinion about it and if you are a fan of KoRn like I am, please tell me in the comments bellow!

Thank you and stay safe.
See you on my next post!

XO,
Di

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Anime Review - Kill la Kill

Why I've been gone